BENEFITS OF SKIPPING EXERCISE:
- One of the best cardio and HIIT (High-Intensity Interval Training) workout.
- Jumping rope is known to burn around 1300 calories/hour - more calories in comparison to running.
- Skipping helps in muscle toning as it is a body weight exercise. It improves footwork, balance, coordination, and agility, great for toning and developing the thighs, shins and calf muscles. Simultaneously, it also works on the abs and arms.
- It also enhances cardiovascular health as it improves the rate of heart beat.
BEFORE YOU START SKIPPING:
- Adjust the length of your rope.
- Hold the handles at each end of the rope, one handle in each hand, by your side. Now, step in the middle of the rope, keeping the length taut with the ends stretched upwards. Shorten the rope till both the ends reach your armpits.
TYPES OF SKIPPING EXERCISE:
- Double Jump
- Single-Leg Jumps